Wednesday, January 11, 2017

1st Day of Shooting New Movie

I've done 2 table reads with the script, and then gone over it again with my brother the STAR (no budget movie making). We filmed for the 1st time last night, I'm sure it's a disaster. Telling my other brother how to boom and read audio levels while I also have him stand in for me to see if I can fit in screen. Though my cheap tripod will probably fall out of focus.

Now I try to review the scenes. Acting is good despite not having complete focus and my brother has no experience. Volume not bad, a little low for some of my brothers lines but that can be fixed, too loud can't and luckily we tested me yelling and it never went over -12.

I tried to do minimalistic lighting with one source, but may have kept it too dark. I need curtains because daylight is bleeding into my room and I can't edit right now.

I put out a message that I'll pay a great DP with 2K in training. We'll see if I get anyone good, otherwise I'm just going to keep impractically doing everything myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment