Monday, February 8, 2010

3rd Edit

As of right now I'm going over and over every scene in the entire movie to make sure that this is the best possible edit. I'll probably do a 4th and a 5th edit as well, but I'm trying to get as much done with this edit as I can. It's just like a rewrite, except you can only cut and paste.

The last edit fixed a lot of big things that were easily spotted. This edit is more about pacing, scene dynamics, and all the other little things.

I'm really cracking down on all the scenes. Anything a scene can do without is gone. Who cares if it was clever or well shot if it drags the pacing down? My goal is to make the entire movie move at a pace that minimizes the amount of times you check your cell phone to see what time it is.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if you should keep something or lose it. Then I remember Robert Deniro from 'Ronin'. "Whenever there is any doubt...there is no doubt."

No comments:

Post a Comment